What is Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is a practical and tactical system which teaches how to prevent, deal and overcome all kinds of violence and attacks. Krav Maga prepares the trainees in the subjects of self-defence, self-protection, fighting and combat skills. As well as skills to defend others. This done in a unique and comprehensive teaching style. Krav Maga was developed in Israel, under realistic demands and conditions. The system was founded and formed by Imi Lichtenfeld and continues to advance and be modified by Eyal Yanilov, assisted by the top instructors.
KMG was set up in 2010 by Eyal Yanilov as a natural progression. In response to the ever growing interest in Krav Maga by countries all over the world. To meet the expectations of the world wide organization and to operate professionally as truly global organisation Krav Maga Global was created. The aim of Krav Maga Global is to provide continuous education of new instructors, government agencies, and special operation teams all over the world.
Krav Maga is a lateral system with a unique and logical approach. It is easy to learn and retain, performed naturally and intuitively and can be used practically under stressful conditions. An essential part of Krav Maga is its teaching process, methodology and style of training.
Krav Maga subjects include:
- Prevention, avoidance, escape and evasion.
- Dealing with throws and falls to all directions and angles.
- Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances, ranges, heights, angles, directions and in all rhythms. Executed from all positions and postures. Use of all sorts of common objects for defensive purposes.
- Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, strikes and kicks. Releases from all sorts of grabs and holds. Defending all armed attacks and threats of knife and sharp objects, of sticks bars and other blunt objects. Of all kind of firearms.
- Dealing with the above attacks when sent from all possible directions and places. When are performed by a single or multiple attackers. When occur in all possible places, positions and postures. Including in confined or open areas. In an ally, staircase, car. On all types of grounds, in water. When free or in limited space of movement. While standing, on the move, sitting down, laying down on the back, side or facing down.
- Physical and mental control and disarm.
Krav Maga prepares the trainees to function in all circumstances and scenarios, in all combat and fighting environments. According to their needs, risks they are facing and job descriptions. Krav Maga enables and brings technical, tactical, physical and mental growth and improvements.